When you double-click System in Control Panel, or when you right-click My Computer and then click Properties, you may receive the following error message:
rundll32.exe – Unable to Locate Component
This issue occurs because of one of the following conditions:
• The %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Wbem\Framedyn.dll file is missing or damaged.
• The Path environment variable does in Windows does not point to the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Wbem folder.
1. To resolve this issue, use both of the following methods.
2. Replace the Framedyn.dll File
3. Click Start, and then click Run.
4. In the Open box, type %systemroot%\system32\dllcache, and then click OK.
5. Right-click framedyn.dll, and then click Copy.
6. Click Start, and then click Run.
7. In the Open box, type %systemroot%\system32\wbem, and then click OK.
8. On the Edit menu, click Paste. If you are prompted to replace the existing file, click Yes.
Verify System Variables
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. If you receive the following error message, click OK:
rundll32.exe – Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3. Click Environment Variables.
4. Under System variables, click Path, and then click Edit.
NOTE: If no Path variable is listed, click New. In the Variable name box, type Path.
5. In the Variable value box, type the following:
6. Click OK three times (every time that you have the option).