A table with a table-specific tablespace (stored in an .ibd file) can be restored individually without taking down the MySQL server.
If you have a clean backup of an .ibd file, you can restore it to the MySQL installation from which it originated as follows:
1. Prevent write operations for the table to be restored. This prevents users from modifying the table while the restore is in progress.
LOCK TABLES tbl_name WRITE;
2. Issue this ALTER TABLE statement:
ALTER TABLE tbl_name DISCARD TABLESPACE;
Caution: This deletes the current .ibd file.
3. Put the backup .ibd file back in the proper database directory.
4. Issue this ALTER TABLE statement:
ALTER TABLE tbl_name IMPORT TABLESPACE;
5. Restore is now complete and the write lock can be released: